The Active Schools Project
Moki has been selected to run the largest ever evaluation of in-school physical activity in Key Stage 2 children (ages 7-11) in the UK. The “Active Schools Project” will take place between March 2019 to June 2019. During the project Moki will record, analyse and report on tens of millions of unique movements.
What will schools need to do during the study?
- Have a Windows PC or Laptop in the classroom with a spare USB slot for the Moki Reader to plug into.
- Allow about 5 minutes at the start of each day for the class to put a Moki Band around their wrists, select their names in the Moki Software and hold their bands to the Reader in order to pair their devices for the day.
- At the end of each school day allow each student to hold their band to the reader once more, so that the activity data can be transferred to the software. They then put the band back into the Moki box.
What are the expected outcomes of the project?
Using data analysis Moki will evaluate physical activity in participating schools and share this information with the relevant stakeholders.
We will help schools to evaluate the impact of specific factors on typical physical activity such as:
- SEN / Pupil Premium
- Day of week and Time of day
- Current initiatives (Daily Mile etc)
Frequently Asked Questions
Will being part of the study cost the school anything?
No - participation in the Active Schools Project is free for all schools. All hardware, software and support is fully funded.
Are there Data Protection / GDPR implications?
None - Any personal data is held securely in the Application and information is encrypted. Please let us know if you have any questions and feel free to review our Data Protection Policy.
Will we need to get Parent/Guardian consent to be part of the Project?
No - although we would recommend that you explain to parents that the school is to be part of an in-school evaluation of physical activity. There are no data protection or safeguarding issues that require parental consent.
Will our school be named within any reports?
No - we will mask the identity of all schools participating in any publicly viewable outcome reports. You will receive a fully detailed report of your school's activity in comparison to other schools within the project.